East Tennessee State University scholarships offer the International Students Academic Merit Scholarship award to eligible foreign students aiming for a graduate or undergraduate degree program. The scholarship award provides only 50% of the in- and out-of-state tuition and maintenance costs. The East Tennessee State University Scholarships does not provide any additional fees or expenses and it can only be utilized for study at the East Tennessee State University.
East Tennessee State University (ETSU) is a state-owned research academic institution in Johnson City, Tennessee. Although it is among the State University and Community College System of Tennessee, the academic institution is administered by an institutional Board of Trustees. As of May 2017, it is the fourth biggest higher academic institution in the state and has off-campus centers in in close proximity to Kingsport, Elizabethton, and Sevierville.
ETSU is categorised as part of “R2: Doctoral Universities – High research activity.” It houses the James H. Quillen College of Medicine which is usually rated as one of the top schools in the United States for rural medicine and primary care education; the Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy, the College of Public Health, the College of Nursing, and the newly formed College of Clinical and Rehabilitative Health Sciences. Exclusive programs include an approved program in Bluegrass, Old Time, and Country Music, America’s lone master’s degree in Storytelling, and the Appalachian Studies programs, concentrated on the surrounding Appalachian region.
ETSU publicized plans to establish a College of Pharmacy in 2005, quickly obtaining local support to secure the approval. Full authorization was granted in June 2010, not long after the first class of the Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy graduated.
- Application Deadline: Open
- Offered annually
- Eligible Countries: International
- To be taken at: East Tennessee State University, United States
- Type: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
Eligibility for East Tennessee State University Scholarships
- Submit an application for admission to East Tennessee State university
- Possess or plan to obtain an F-1 or J-1 student visa
- Have a proven record of academic accomplishment.
Students Ineligible for the East Tennessee State University Scholarships:
- Second Bachelor’s degree candidates, if their former Bachelor’s degree was awarded by ETSU.
- Graduate candidates getting a tuition scholarship award or a graduate assistantship
- Candidates receiving any other ETSU tuition scholarship
- Candidates paying in-state or Erate tuition.
- Candidates applying for the M.D. and pharmd programs
- Candidates who are not in lawful F-1 or J-1 status
East Tennessee State University Scholarships Value:
- Undergraduate candidates: $12,500 provided for up to 8 semesters
- Graduate candidates: $11,500 provided for 5 semesters for applicants seeking a master’s degree, or proportionate with the length of the program.
How to Apply for East Tennessee State University Scholarships
All candidates who submit an application for admission to the ETSU are given consideration for the Graduate Academic Merit the scholarship, but candidates who fulfill the following conditions will get the scholarship award automatically:
- For freshman candidates: Minimum 3.0 high school GPA on the US 4.0 scale
- For undergraduate transfer candidates and graduate candidates: a Minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA on the US 4.0 scale
- Candidates who are qualified for the scholarship award will get notice of the award in their admission letter. Candidates who desire to accept the scholarship award have to complete and submit a scholarship award acceptance within three weeks from the date of the admissions letter.
Award Terms and Conditions for East Tennessee State University Scholarships
Undergraduate candidates: up to 8 semesters given the minimum eligibility conditions are maintained.
Graduate Candidates: Five semesters for beneficiaries seeking a master’s degree, or proportionate with the length of the program.
Scholarship award may not be merged with other scholarship awards that provide tuition costs (Creative Arts, Honors in Discipline, Graduate Tuition Scholarship, Grad Assistantship, Fulbright grants, Government funding, etc. Scholarship award cannot be used when candidates are paying in-state, or Erate tuition.
Other conditions as stated in the Acceptance Form.